It took over 6 months, over 1000 hours of programming, over $15,000, and a lot of late nights. It is finally completed. The business idea that I’ve been working on is Heritage Law Marketing (HLM). It is an online marketing service focused on lawyers of specific heritage background or those with specific language skills. For example, Iranian Lawyers, Spanish Lawyers, Arab Lawyers, Korean Lawyers, Hebrew Lawyers, … . It is a series of sites each geared to a specific country/language.
I had owned IranianLawyers.net for over 5 years and almost always had listed lawyers for free. I started receiving great feedback on how the listed lawyers were actually receiving few customers a month from their listing (that’s a lot from one source by lawyer’s marketing standards). After thinking about it for a while I decided to work on the idea and make something out of it.
Since then I’ve bought IranianLawyers.com and moved the site over to the new domain – Side note: more than half of the investments went toward the domain name purchases -
From beginning I was dead set on implementing absolutely every good web practices that I knew, get a lot of feedback, and find the best programming solutions (not always the cheapest either). An0n, from DP forums, did most of the programming. He is an absolutely gifted programmer and the only one I trust with access to my servers. Here is a shortened list of features on the website(s):
- Site Speed: Almost all YSLow suggestions taken into effect. Largest page size on the sites < 150 kb
- Simple clean design with large fonts. I just don’t like crowded websites.
- Totally bad ass copyrighted jQuery for lawyer’s practice filtering. (Ex. click on any of the law practices in Iranian lawyers in California page).
- Blog, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Unique title tags written for each page, carefully picked H1, H2, H3 tags, unique content pages on each site
- All images compressed (also goes towards site speed)
I completely believe in this business so this is just the beginning. I’m going to improve the sites and business for another few months and then go after investment. For now, it’s too early for outside investors.
Leave a comment, let me know what you think of Heritage Law Marketing and any suggestions that you might have.